Installing Telogers for Windows
Instructions for installing Telogers for Windows.
These instructions will assist you in installing Telogers for Windows from a CD or from a downloaded file.
- Insert supplied Telogers for Windows CD into your computer’s CD-ROM drive.
- To download the software go to http://support.telog.com/support and create a username and password. After logging in with the username and password you’ve created on the Support site, click the Downloads folder then Telogers for Windows and click Telogers for Windows. Then click the Download button.
- After inserting the CD or downloading the software from the Support site, you will see a Setup TelogV icon. Double click on this to start the installer. Click Next. Accept the agreement, and click Next.
- Review readme information.
- Enter your Customer Information with the User Name, Organization, click Next.
- Allow Telogers for Windows to install in the default directory.
- Choose “Install as Telogers for Windows” and click Next.
- Click Install button.
- Enter the product ID that can be found on your CD jewel case. If you do not have a product ID, contact Telog Instruments.
- Once the Installer is finished choose to show the readme file and click Finish.
- A Telogers for Windows icon will appear on your desktop. Double click to start the program.
USB to Serial Adapter Video
Instructions for enabling local communications with a USB to Serial Adapter.
These instructions will assist you in using Telog’s USB to Serial Adapters. The USB to Serial Adapter is used in computers that do not have serial ports but do have available USB ports. The USB to Serial Adapter is used for direct connect, local communication with any Telog Instruments recorder.
- Before using the USB to Serial Adapter you must first install the proper driver. The driver can be found on the CD that was supplied with the USB to Serial Adapter.
- To install the driver you must double click on the installer, some computers will ask you if it’s o.k. to install this driver on your computer. If you receive a prompt like this after double clicking the installer, please click Yes. After double clicking, an installation screen will pop up, click Next.
- It is not possible to use the USB to serial adapter without installing the driver.
- Once installation is complete, click Finish.
- Minimize this window and check the Device Manager (found in your control panel under "System") to see if the USB to Serial Adapter driver has been installed correctly.
- Plug the USB to Serial Adapter into your PC.
- The Device Manager will refresh and you will see a Ports Menu. Expand the Ports Menu and you will see your device listed.
- The Com port where Prolific USB to Serial is listed will be the Com port you will choose in Telogers for Windows or TCC software when you enable local communication. (In this video it is Com 3, it may be different on your computer)
- Minimize the Device Manger.
- Connect all cables to the Telog recorder and the computer before opening Telogers for Windows or TCC software.
- Double click on the Telogers for Windows or TCC icon on your desktop.
- When the software has opened go to Setup/Options/Communications. Check Enable Local Com and make sure to select the correct port in the drop down menu as was listed in the Device Manager. Whichever Com port was viewed in the Device Manager is the correct Com port to select here in the Telogers software.
- After selecting the correct Com port, click apply and close.
- You are now ready for local communication with any Telog recorder.
Mapping Feature Setup
These instructions will assist you in setting up the mapping feature available in Telogers Enterprise software.
- Telog Instruments has recently introduced a new mapping feature which allows users to view their sites on a web based map interface.
- The GPS coordinates are inputted from Telog’s Enterprise software. Right click on the site you would like to plot on the map and select Properties.
- Once the Site Properties window appears notice the latitude and longitude windows, this is where you will input your GPS coordinates. Please note the format.
- Once the GPS coordinates have been inputted from Telog Enterprise, login to the Telog web module as the administrator.
- Once logged in as the administrator, click the User Management link.
- Each user can have a specific map showing only the sites pertinent to them. Click Edit next to the user that you would like to set up.
- Once the user properties appear click the Map Setup tab then click Manage Sites.
- The GPS coordinates are present because they were previously entered from Telog Enterprise. Once this has been verified click Go Back To Admin.
- Under the Map Setup tab click Manage Maps.
- The Map Configuration area is where you will setup your map. Click Create New Map, give your map a name and click Save.
- Your map is now created. You may use your mouse to move to various geographic areas as well as zooming in and zooming out. You may also choose a Base Map Source in the upper right hand side corner, for example ESRI. Once your changes have been made click Save.
- Once saved your new map is now selectable under the Map Setup tab. Place a check in the box and click Save.
- Login as the user that you set the map up for; you will see your site plotted on the map as well as the geographic location that you chose.
- Using the map in Telog Web Module gives a quick way to analyze your entire system. Click on any site and notice the status. To view the data from that site click the Click Here To View Chart link.
How to use the GIS Module in Telogers Enterprise 5
GIS Module Features Overview
These are some of the features found in the GIS module for Telogers Enterprise. More detailed information is available in the video above. In order to access the necessary data, the GIS module connects to an ESRI GIS server and a Telogers Enterprise server.
- The data can be presented in the Telog Enterprise Client or a web browser.
- Clicking on Open Map provides a selection of previously saved map views.
- Selecting Map Content displays available GIS layers. If your organization has an ESRI GIS server then your own pipe and site layers can be viewed rather than the default baseline.
- Clicking and dragging the mouse while holding the shift key allows you to zoom into an area of interest.
- Opening the Attribute table shows key attributes for all the elements of the highlighted layer.
- By using the selection tool, selected sites become highlighted within the table. This helps you focus in on attributes that are pertinent to those sites.
- Clicking on the previously selected tool icons toggles those icons off.
- The site tree on the left is dynamically linked to the Telog sites located on the map. Right clicking on a group and selecting zoom to group does exactly that, showing just the map extent that contains those selected sites.
- Clicking on a site brings up it’s attributes plus two icons on the bottom right:
- The site property icon gives you more details about the Telog site such as latitude and longitude and user defined fields.
- The Open Telog Report icon enables you to display a detailed view of the time history data for that site. Highlighted tabular data are linked to the cursor’s graphical position.
- Clicking Show Site Data displays the latest readings from the selected sites. As new data are received from the Enterprise server, those data are automatically updated on the map. You can also replay historical data to obtain a spatial perspective of past events.
- Right click a group and select View Timeline on Map. Here you can choose the measurement types and sites for the time series replay. With the time series slider you may narrow the time window shown in the site thumbnail viewers.
- Click and drag the time slider endpoints to the desired window size, then position the slider to better review the data of interest. By clicking the Timeline Play button the system will automatically play the Time Series data. This is a great tool for replaying storms or any other significant events. To clear the screen click Remove Layer.